2023 was a seismic year for social media, marked by monumental changes that left an irreversible mark on the digital landscape. From the rise of Gen AI to the explosive growth of short-form video platforms and Twitter’s rebranding to ‘X,’ the social media sphere experienced shifts that set the stage for what promises to be an equally exhilarating year in 2024.
So, what can we expect for this year?
We’ve got you covered, in this blog, we’ll be covering 6 social media trends B2B marketers must look out for in 2024.
1. First and foremost is AI-generated content. This will no doubt revolutionize content creation for B2B marketers. Tools such as Chat GPT, Synthesia, and Lexica are not just time-savers; they’re transforming how we produce social media copy, personalized videos, and images from text. Yet, the ability to churn out content faster than ever before presents a tension between maintaining authenticity and harnessing AI’s efficiency. Marketers should capitalize on Gen AI platforms but must remember the importance of staying true to their tone of voice and core values. Moreover, as we look towards 2024, we must consider how Gen-AI generated content could impact algorithms and content feeds. It will likely saturate our platforms, reminding us of the importance to curate content that both stands out and is authentic. One solution lies in crafting prompts that ensure messaging aligns with a brand’s core values and tone of voice.
2. Authenticity Takes Center Stage: The rise of platforms like TikTok and BeReal underscores the demand for unfiltered, genuine content. Users are hungry for real-time, relatable content that resonates. B2B companies can embrace this trend by showcasing their human side with behind-the-scenes glimpses and engaging authentically with their audience. In an era where Generation Z is tired of perfection, consumers engage more with user-generated content (UGC) than polished, professional content. To capture the UGC aesthetic, we recommend publishing more unrefined video content from ‘behind the scenes’ and creating relatable content sourced from real customer experiences.
3. Short-Form Video and the TikTok Phenomenon: With TikTok amassing 1.4 billion monthly active users, the impact of short-form videos is undeniable. So, how can B2Bs get involved? For starters, leverage this trend with engaging videos that showcase products, explain complex concepts, or collaborate with micro-influencers. To make the most of TikTok, create relevant and informative videos, use hashtags strategically, engage with your audience, and consider running ads for greater reach. Additionally, repurposing educational blog content into TikTok videos can be an effective way to engage potential B2B leads
4. Social Networks as Customer Service Hubs: Social media platforms are evolving into customer service channels, offering businesses a direct line of communication with customers for swift issue resolution. Features like common inboxes, automated responses, and chatbots on platforms like Facebook enhance customer service capabilities. B2Bs must tap into this trend to provide first-class customer experiences. This trend not only enhances customer satisfaction and loyalty but also positions the brand as responsive and customer-centric, vital in a competitive business landscape where exceptional service can be a significant differentiator
5. Tight-Knit Communities for Engagement: Smaller, engaged communities are gaining traction as users seek more meaningful interactions. Platforms like Facebook Groups have seen increased activity, providing opportunities for B2B companies to create their own communities, gather feedback, and build loyalty. By actively creating and nurturing tight-knit communities, B2B brands not only enhance engagement and loyalty but also gain a deeper understanding of their market, leading to more customer-centric strategies and innovative solutions.
6. Metaverse Mania and Virtual Conferences: As the metaverse evolves, B2B businesses can explore new avenues for virtual events and conferences. Hosting product launches, industry seminars, or networking sessions in the metaverse can provide unique and immersive experiences for clients and partners. By leveraging the metaverse and virtual conferences, B2B brands can not only enhance their current client and partner engagement strategies but also pave the way for innovative approaches to marketing, networking, and community building in the digital age.
Looking ahead to 2024, the world of social media is gearing up for some exciting changes. For B2B marketers, these shifts present both opportunities and challenges. From the use of AI in content creation to the emphasis on authenticity, short-form videos, and the metaverse, there’s a lot to keep up with.
In this dynamic landscape, Xtra Mile is here to support you as you navigate these trends and align them with your objectives. Success in 2024 will demand agility, innovation, and a deep understanding of your audience. Rest assured, we’re here to assist you at every stage of your journey.